• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfweb

gfweb

1 hour ago, JeanneCake said:

@gfweb, what's the clean up like when using the air fryer mode? 

I looked (online) at this last night and really like it; I wouldn't have given it a look without your suggestion so thank you.  I know that if stuff splatters all over the inside, it will get less and less use because the clean up outweighs the cooking effort ;)  I will especially appreciate this at the holidays when I'm trying to get so many side dishes done and on the table.......

I haven't found it to be much to clean up.  The rack for air frying can get food or juice stuck to it but a wire brush gets it off.

For chicken I don't use t he rack...too much fat. I use a sheet pan with a rack placed in it and keep the fat contained.

Its great as a 1st or second oven. Holds a full 1/4 sheet pan.

gfweb

gfweb

I looked (online) at this last night and really like it; I wouldn't have given it a look without your suggestion so thank you.  I know that if stuff splatters all over the inside, it will get less and less use because the clean up outweighs the cooking effort ;)  I will especially appreciate this at the holidays when I'm trying to get so many side dishes done and on the table.......

I haven't found it to be much to clean up.  The rack for air frying can get food or juice stuck to it but a wire brush gets it off.

For chicken I don't use t he rack...too much fat. I use a sheet pan with a rack placed in it and keep the fat contained

gfweb

gfweb