• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

1 hour ago, Shelby said:

I have one of these french fry cutters.

I think I need to practice at a time that isn't dinner time--I'm always rushing to get everything done etc. etc.

I don’t know. I’m confused. Are we talking about french fries or are we talking about potato chips. Did I miss a beat?   Or are we just separated by a. common language? See the Brits know what they’re doing when they call the paper thin discs crisps and the other kind chips.  Although it was always very hard to say Smiths Crisps more than once!

Anna N

Anna N

1 hour ago, Shelby said:

I have one of these french fry cutters.

I think I need to practice at a time that isn't dinner time--I'm always rushing to get everything done etc. etc.

I don’t know. I’m confused. Are we talking about french fries or are we talking about potato chips. Did I miss a beat?