• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

30 minutes ago, KennethT said:

@Anna NFWIW, I have never met a cripsy, non-greasy sweet potato fry - even conventionally fried, or in restaurants...  I've had some start out ok, but after 5 minutes at the table, all crispiness has left the building....  maybe just my luck, but I tend to avoid them now.

I agree with you. Very recently we had a discussion on this very topic on eG with some claiming that the Japanese sweet potato did better than our standard North American versions.

Anna N

Anna N

26 minutes ago, KennethT said:

@Anna NFWIW, I have never met a cripsy, non-greasy sweet potato fry - even conventionally fried, or in restaurants...  I've had some start out ok, but after 5 minutes at the table, all crispiness has left the building....  maybe just my luck, but I tend to avoid them now.

I agree with you. Very recently we had a discussion on this very topic with some claiming that the Japanese sweet potato did better than our standard North American versions.