• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

I bought one of these from Amazon a couple months ago.  It was priced, as I recall, around $79.99. 

Used it once for fried chicken but I prepared the chicken the wrong way (with a flour coating) and the chicken was not good.

I haven't had the courage to try again yet.  Now that I see your success with French fries I will get it back out and try again.

I wait eagerly for others' reports on their successes as well.

(I have to admit to being a sucker for gadgets and small appliances.)

lindag

lindag

I bought one of these from Amazon a couple months ago.  It was priced, as I recall, around $79.99. 

Used it once for fried chicken but I prepared the chicken the wrong way (with a flour coating) and the chicken was not good.

I haven't had the courage to try again yet.  Now that I see your success with French fries I will get it back out and try again.

I wait eagerly for others' reports on their successes as well.