• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

@Duvel I got my air fryer as a gift from a friend who just didn't like it. It was too small for her. If I have any advice at all it would be these two things.

When I was considering buying one, I read a lot of reviews. The people that were unhappy with theirs were the ones that bought the cheap ones. Anyone that's thinking about going that route, should just think about twice about buying one. Get the best when you can find.

Get one that's big enough! With the size of family gatherings that you have, if you have a small one like mine you will be standing there forever trying to make enough.

It's been a couple years since I did my research but at that time people were having much better luck with fryers with control knobs then the digital versions. The high heat seems to knock out the digital controls quicker, and they felt that they had more control with the knobs.

Something that no one has mentioned yet. You can use baking pans and ceramic dishes in the air fryer. That adds a lot more variety to the things that you can make. I've even heard of some people baking bread in them.

I hope that you get one, it would probably be great for reheating octopus.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

@Duvel I got my air fryer is a gift from a friend who just didn't like it. It was too small for her. If I have any advice at all it would be these two things.

When I was considering buying one, I read a lot of reviews. The people that were unhappy with theirs were the ones that bought the cheap ones. Anyone that's thinking about doing that route, should just think about twice about buying one. Get the best when you can find.

Get one that's big enough! With the size of family gathering so you have, if you have a small one like mine you will be standing there forever trying to make enough.

It's been a couple years since I did my research but at that time people were having much better luck with fryers with control knobs then the digital versions. The high heat seems to knock out the digital controls quicker, and they felt that they had more control with the knobs.

Something that no one has mentioned yet. You can use baking pans and ceramic dishes in the air fryer. That adds a lot more variety to the things that you can make. I've even heard of some people baking bread in them.