• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

10 hours ago, MetsFan5 said:

I have the basket style air fryer. I haven’t started looking yet but tonight I realized how cleaning much cleaning the basket is a pain with a small kitchen sink! 

Do you recommend a different or specific style? 

Mine is the drawer style.  It just has a tray that fits inside the drawer instead of a basket that fits inside the drawer.  One of the reasons I got it was that I figured it would be easier to clean.  The tray is pretty easy to clean. I have to remember to remove the little rubber bumpers that secure the tray when I wash it because I've almost lost a bumper a couple of times when washing the tray. Removing them just takes a few seconds.  Using parchment liners makes it even easier to clean.  I usually make my own liners by cutting parchment paper to size, rolling it into a thin tube, flattening that, and using a hole punch on it, but I ran across some air fryer liners at Walmart recently and have been using those lately. They're too big for my air fryer, but fit okay if I cut about an inch off of one side, and that's quicker than making my own. The drawer has to be cleaned, too, but that's usually very easy.

The design of mine is similar to the one in the photos.  image.thumb.jpeg.34001cfac02bb2f5ae94aa783a1d1e7d.jpeg

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

9 hours ago, MetsFan5 said:

I have the basket style air fryer. I haven’t started looking yet but tonight I realized how cleaning much cleaning the basket is a pain with a small kitchen sink! 

Do you recommend a different or specific style? 

Mine is the drawer style.  It just has a tray that fits inside the drawer instead of a basket that fits inside the drawer.  One of the reasons I got it was that I figured it would be easier to clean.  The tray is pretty easy to clean. I have to remember to remove the little rubber bumpers that secure the tray when I wash it because I've almost lost a bumper a couple of times when washing the tray. Removing them just takes a few seconds.  Using parchment liners makes it even easier to clean.  I usually make my own liners by cutting parchment paper to size, rolling it into a thin tube, flattening that, and using a hole punch on it, but I ran across some air fryer liners at Walmart recently and have been using those lately. They're too big for my air fryer, but fit okay if I cut about an inch off of one side, and that's quicker than making my own. The drawer has to be cleaned, too, but that's usually very easy.

The design of mine is similar to the one in the photos.  image.thumb.jpeg.34001cfac02bb2f5ae94aa783a1d1e7d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.315b8f173f7fa94af573af5287556592.jpeg