• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Liuzhou Luosifen

liuzhou

Posted (edited)

Here is the video of Zhang Yufei getting excited about Luosifen.

She says:

"I want to eat Luosifen."

Asked why she replies "The taste! The taste is delicious!"

Edited by liuzhou (log)
  • Like 1

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

"No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot"
Mark Twain

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

• 5 weeks later...

Great excitement in Liuzhou the last couple of days. Zhang Yufei, the Olympic swimmer who famously said after the last race of the Paris Olympics that she just wanted to eat Luosifen, paid a 'state visit' to Liuzhou. She has no family connection to the city, instead being from Jiangsu province, north of Shanghai.

She was feted by Liuzhou as the hero she is and presented with all sort of awards and gifts. In addition she visited some ethnic minority peoples and dressed up in their costumes to dance and play games with them.

She also got her Luosifen. Privately.

_20240910101040.thumb.jpg.af608640ab11535508ba2320c866c7a0.jpg

_20240910101030.thumb.jpg.71db4efb175d1bce24aafeb68cc3dcc1.jpg

_20240910101054.thumb.jpg.0f57f5a59ae376b5d7467745a3adc6a1.jpg

So, if you want to sample Luosifen at source all you need to do is say so on world-wide television. Oh! And it helps if you win eighteen gold medals, eight silver medals, and seventeen bronze medals by the time you're 26 years old. And hold the record for most Olympic medals for a Chinese athlete.

I've eaten my fair share of luosifen, but it has done nothing for my Olympic prowess.

Edited by liuzhou (log)
  • Like 5

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

"No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot"
Mark Twain

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto