• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Giant chocolate bar mold

We auctioned off a giant chocolate bar as a fundraiser for an event. I found a storage container with a bottom surface that resembled the surface of an Aero Bar, cleaned it really well, polished it up and used that. Used an entire 11 lb. block of Callebaut for it. Wrapped it in gold foil and made a custom paper outer sleeve so it looked like a giant candy bar and put it on display where the tickets were being sold. It did really well. I realize that's not what you have in mind but it was a lot of fun so I thought I'd mention it anyway. :biggrin:

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.