• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

SweetandSnappyJen

SweetandSnappyJen

Hi folks:  

Would anyone be able to help me diagnose the following (see pictures, empty mold, and turned out chocolates)

I sprayed the molds CB, they sat around for a good couple of days before I added tempered white chocolate. Filled them, capped them and you can see by the pictures, most of the cocoa butter stayed in the mold. I warmed the CB in the microwave, shook like mad, warmed some more, and then popped it into the sprayer. Any ideas? Thanks!2018-05-25_13-05-26_774.thumb.jpeg.9500624eadc09a4a7eb21a7b507bfd0a.jpeg2018-05-25_13-03-13_426.thumb.jpeg.1304f9a86966c62c1a2f85d9000eacec.jpeg

SweetandSnappyJen

SweetandSnappyJen

Hi folks:  

Would anyone be able to help me diagnose the following (see pictures, empty mold, and turned out chocolates)

I sprayed the molds CB, they sat around for a good couple of days before I added tempered white chocolate. Filled them, capped them and you can see by the pictures, most of the cocoa butter stayed in the mold. I warmed the CB in the microwave, shook like mad, warmed some more, and then popped it into the sprayer. Any ideas? Thanks!