• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Tipperary (PDT ratios on the left, and Bartender's Choice ratios on the right) with Green Spot Irish whiskey, Cocchi vermouth di Torino, green Chartreuse, and Regan's orange bitters for the Bartender's Choice version. Compared to the traditional (Harry Johnson) version, PDT only has a rinse of green Chartreuse. It still makes a great cocktail, but I feel it changes the feel of it quite a bit and makes it resemble a classic Manhattan compared to the Bartender's Choice version.

As a side note, I am slightly disappointed by the Green Spot. I am a novice at Irish whiskey and prefer Redbreast. Maybe it will grow on me.

PDT calls for Black Bush. I wonder how that compares in this drink?

Tipperary (PDT and Bartender's Choice versions) with Green Spot Irish whiskey, Cocchi vermouth di Torino, green Chartreuse, Regan's orange bitters #cocktail #cocktails #craftcocktails #whiskey #irishwhiskey #chartreuse #greenchartreuse #harryjohnson #pdt

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Tipperary (PDT ratios on the left, and Bartender's Choice ratios on the right) with Green Spot Irish whiskey, Cocchi vermouth di Torino, green Chartreuse, and Regan's orange bitters for the Bartender's Choice version. Compared to the traditional (Harry Johnson) version, PDT only has a rinse of green Chartreuse. It still makes a great cocktail, but I feel it changes the feel of it quite a bit and makes it resemble a classic Manhattan compared to the .

As a side note, I am slightly disappointed by the Green Spot. I am a novice at Irish whiskey and prefer Redbreast. Maybe it will grow on me.

PDT calls for Black Bush. I wonder how that compares in this drink?

Tipperary (PDT and Bartender's Choice versions) with Green Spot Irish whiskey, Cocchi vermouth di Torino, green Chartreuse, Regan's orange bitters #cocktail #cocktails #craftcocktails #whiskey #irishwhiskey #chartreuse #greenchartreuse #harryjohnson #pdt