• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Molding Spheres

YetiChocolates

So I couldn't find anywhere where this had been discussed, so I decided to start a new thread. I recently purchased two molds from Kerekes, originally intended to make half spheres. However, they are pretty small, and so I was thinking about putting the two together to make full spheres, however, I have no idea how to do this. Has anyone done this or knows how? It seems like there are 4 holes throughout the mold that you "pin" together, but how do you get the two sealed together?

photo.JPG

photo (1).JPG

If anyone has any advice on this matter I would greatly appreciate any input, or if this has been discussed before and I missed it, if you could direct me to the right place I would also be very grateful. I'm not sure if I'll actually make the spheres, but it would be a nice thing to know how.

Thanks!

I have a magnetic mold for spheres. Big difference, besides the magnets of course, is the hemispheres on one side of my mold have a hole in them so you can fill and seal. I actually haven't played with mine yet. I would imagine with yours you'd have to do them like you do larger hollow chocolate molds: create the two halves, and then assemble post-facto.