• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

I solved this years ago when I listened to Paul Harvey Rave about his coffee maker. He was advertising the Bunn coffee maker and I bought one. It has a hot water reservoir and all the machine parts inside are copper which permits a higher temperature brew. It also makes a pot of coffee in 3 minutes. The coffee always tastes great. Of course it doesn't hurt that I am here in coffee country where even our ordinary coffee is some of the very best. Another great thing about the Bunn coffee maker is that I bought my first coffee maker in 1985 and I am only on my third coffee maker since then. Yes, they seem fairly expensive but when you figure each one lasts about 12 to 14 years they are well worth it.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

I sold this years ago when I listen to Paul Harvey Rave about his coffee maker. He was advertising the Bunn coffee maker and I bought one. It has a hot water reservoir and all the machine parts inside are copper which permits a higher temperature brew. It also makes a pot of coffee in 3 minutes. The coffee always tastes great. Of course it doesn't hurt that I am here in coffee country where even our ordinary coffee is some of the very best. Another great thing about the Bunn coffee maker is that I bought my first coffee maker in 1985 and I am only on my third coffee maker since then. Yes, they seem fairly expensive but when you figure each one lasts about 12 to 14 years they are well worth it.