• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Lisa Shock

Lisa Shock

I like to make cheesecake. It can be frozen with no loss of texture/flavor, so I will often make it a month in advance for holidays like Thanksgiving. If it needs to be transported I just pull it out as I leave the house. By the time the meal is over, it will be thawed yet still chilled.

I generally make a big batch, then divide it up and make different flavors. Plain, lime, various flavors fruit swirl made with jam, chocolate. (in the chocolate, adding a little chocolate extract helps boost the flavor)

I make pate sucree bases on parchment rounds inside the same pans used for the cheesecake. I make the bases the day of, or night before, serving and assemble at the last possible moment before serving so they stay crisp. They can also be brushed with white chocolate to repel moisture.

Lisa Shock

Lisa Shock

I like to make cheesecake. It can be frozen with no loss of texture/flavor, so I will often make it a month in advance for holidays like Thanksgiving. If it needs to be transported I just pull it out as I leave the house. By the time the meal is over, it will be thawed yet still chilled.

I generally make a big batch, then divide it up and make different flavors. Plain, lime, various flavors fruit swirl made with jam, chocolate. (in the chocolate, adding a little chocolate extract helps boost the flavor)

I make pate sucree bases on parchment rounds inside the same pans used for the cheesecake. I make the bases the day or, or night before, serving and assemble at the last possible moment before serving so they stay crisp. They can also be brushed with white chocolate to repel moisture.