• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Haagen-Dazs Cream Liqueur

Darienne

Last week for fun I bought this little second-hand book, Homemade Cream Liqueurs, Dona & Mel Meilach. It speaks of Haagen-Dazs Cream liqueur, (I don't know how to do umlauts in this format) based on Cognac and "various flavors". Never heard of it, which means nothing, as I am not versed in this area.

So Haagen-Dazs liqueur is a product with Hiram Walker. Haagen-Dazs ice cream is now a product of Dreyer's, a subsidiary of Nestle's in Canada and the USA. Apparently nothing to do with each other. I googled it this way and that and learned nothing else.

Has anyone tasted this liqueur in its various flavors? My little book says nothing about what it tastes like.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

I know about the name and the history of the ice cream...I just can't find out what the liqueur tastes like and I can't find anyone who has tasted it. :wacko:

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope.