• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

boilsover

boilsover

Misspelling.

9 hours ago, andiesenji said:

They apparently had boneless picnics for $1.78 a pound but someone bought all they had and they won't get another shipment till next Tuesday and can't guarantee they will be at the same price.

I phoned the Walmart over on the west side of Lancaster - same thing, they only have 7 of the bone-in picnics left, all the boneless are gone.

Probably the guy who has the mobile barbecue rig.  I saw it in the parking lot when I was there yesterday morning early.  He does "events" like the air show and the motocross and things like that.  

Cooked it turned out beautifully, very moist, tender, not much grease, perfect pulled pork.

I am going to make pork and sweet potato hash for dinner.  

It's one of the dishes I have found that is greatly improved with the addition of preserved lemon.  

If you have a Cash & Carry in your area, this is a normal price for 15-20 pound Boston Butt, already boned.

boilsover

boilsover

9 hours ago, andiesenji said:

They apparently had boneless picnics for $1.78 a pound but someone bought all they had and they won't get another shipment till next Tuesday and can't guarantee they will be at the same price.

I phoned the Walmart over on the west side of Lancaster - same thing, they only have 7 of the bone-in picnics left, all the boneless are gone.

Probably the guy who has the mobile barbecue rig.  I saw it in the parking lot when I was there yesterday morning early.  He does "events" like the air show and the motocross and things like that.  

Cooked it turned out beautifully, very moist, tender, not much grease, perfect pulled pork.

I am going to make pork and sweet potato hash for dinner.  

It's one of the dishes I have found that is greatly improved with the addition of preserved lemon.  

If you have a Cash & Cary in your area, this is a normal price for 15-20 pound Boston Butt, already boned.