• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

jaw

jaw

sup guys,

admittedly, i didn't read all 21 pages of this topic yet, but i've decided to get a fissler vitavit premium 10 L (10.6 qt).

however, from googling and reading their website, i didn't understand some things about their lineup, so i emailed them.

here's my personal little FAQ in case it helps someone. this info was obtained from fissler usa:

Q: what is the warranty on the vitavit premium?
i see lifetime on your website's FAQ section, but the instruction manual PDF says 3 years. which is it?

• A: The warranty for our pressure cookers is lifelong for the stainless steel cooking vessels. The warranty for the handles is 3 years. All maintenance parts (valves, gaskets, membranes)  are not covered by warranty. Please see the attached document that details our warranties.

Q: do i need to purchase from an "authorized retailer" for the warranty to be valid? if so, where do i find a complete list of authorized sellers?

• A: In order to claim warranty you have to buy from an authorized seller. Please go to fissler.com for a list of those sellers. Please know that you can always contact us for questions and issues with or about your product. We are always here to help our customers. Ordering over Fissler.com is safe and easy and because we do have all the information we can directly help you.

Q: what pressure does the vitavit premium reach? do the USA and EU models differ in this regard? i've heard rumors that the USA model reaches a lower pressure. if that's true, what is the reason for this?

• A: We have discontinued selling the US models and are only selling the European models. The difference in pressure - if there is one at all - is minimal.

Q: what is the difference between vitavit premium and vitavit edition design? is it only the shape of the handle?

• A: The difference between vitavit premium and edition design is - as you have stated - mainly the looks of the handle. Please see the attached comparison sheet that compares the various pressure cooker models.

Q: what is the difference between the vitavit comfort and the vitaquick? is vitavit comfort just a new name for the vitaquick?

• A: The vitavit comfort is a model that is positioned in between the vitaquick and the vitavit premium. It is a series by itself. Please refer to the comparison sheet to see the differences. 

btw, they gave me a coupon code when i emailed. it was good enough for me to purchase directly from them. this also conveniently assures me of a valid warranty :)

i'd share it, but i'm basically positive it's a one-time-use code.

cheers

1009454666_fisslerproductcomparison.png.af21fd1de155d195543e04aa114e2d4c.png

Warranty Fissler.pdf

jaw

jaw

sup guys,

admittedly, i didn't read all 21 pages of this topic yet, but i've decided to get a fissler vitavit premium 10 L (10.6 qt).

however, from googling and reading their website, i didn't understand some things about their lineup, so i emailed them.

here's my personal little FAQ in case it helps someone. this info was obtained from fissler usa:

i see lifetime on your website's FAQ section, but the instruction manual PDF says 3 years. which is it?

• A: The warranty for our pressure cookers is lifelong for the stainless steel cooking vessels. The warranty for the handles is 3 years. All maintenance parts (valves, gaskets, membranes)  are not covered by warranty. Please see the attached document that details our warranties.

Q: do i need to purchase from an "authorized retailer" for the warranty to be valid? if so, where do i find a complete list of authorized sellers?

• A: In order to claim warranty you have to buy from an authorized seller. Please go to fissler.com for a list of those sellers. Please know that you can always contact us for questions and issues with or about your product. We are always here to help our customers. Ordering over Fissler.com is safe and easy and because we do have all the information we can directly help you.

Q: what pressure does the vitavit premium reach? do the USA and EU models differ in this regard? i've heard rumors that the USA model reaches a lower pressure. if that's true, what is the reason for this?

• A: We have discontinued selling the US models and are only selling the European models. The difference in pressure - if there is one at all - is minimal.

Q: what is the difference between vitavit premium and vitavit edition design? is it only the shape of the handle?

• A: The difference between vitavit premium and edition design is - as you have stated - mainly the looks of the handle. Please see the attached comparison sheet that compares the various pressure cooker models.

Q: what is the difference between the vitavit comfort and the vitaquick? is vitavit comfort just a new name for the vitaquick?

• A: The vitavit comfort is a model that is positioned in between the vitaquick and the vitavit premium. It is a series by itself. Please refer to the comparison sheet to see the differences. 

0iSPKHQ.png

btw, they gave me a coupon code when i emailed. it was good enough for me to purchase directly from them. this also conveniently assures me of a valid warranty :)

cheers

Warranty Fissler.pdf

fissler product comparison.png

jaw

jaw

sup guys,

0iSPKHQ.png

cheers

Warranty Fissler.pdf