• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Spirit Product Portfolio

evo-lution

I've just linked to a couple of documents in my Boker's Bitters thread and thought it may be worth sharing another document with you, even if just one of you find a use for it it makes it worthwhile.

After ten years of working in the beverage industry I’ve encountered a great variety of products covering all the individual drinks categories. Coming into contact with so many products makes it near impossible to remember the differences between them, so to help with this I devised a product portfolio for my own records, filling out one of these tables every time I try a new product. I then save it to a file on my computer dependent on its drinks category. This has become a valuable tool for my trainings and consultancies.

The table is made of eight sections, they are as follows;

Brand Name: The name of the product

Category/ABV: The family the product belongs to (e.g. rum, gin, tequila) and its alcoholic

strength

Country of Origin: Where the product originated

Raw Material/s: The various elements that give the product its flavour

Production Process: The various processes used in the manufacture of the product

Tasting Notes 1: Notes provided by an industry expert or by the brand themselves

Tasting Notes 2: Your own tasting notes

Recommended Serve: A serve that best showcases the subtle nuances of the product

http://www.scribd.com/doc/35195869/Evo-lution-Product-Portfolio

The portfolio I originally uploaded is geared toward spirits however it can easily be adapted to wine, beer, and so on. I highly recommend saving the file and printing them off should you ever attend a product tasting session. It does become a great resource and reference point.

Cheers

Adam

Evo-lution - Consultancy, Training and Events

Dr. Adam Elmegirab's Bitters - Bitters

The Jerry Thomas Project - Tipplings and musings