• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

daveb

daveb

This will work.  I use it for small events and demos.  Have to game it a little for it to work well.  PIA to use.  Belongs to store.  They sell it.  Nough said.

Sous Vide Strip Sealer.jpg

This works Gooder.  Much gooder.  It's mine and I use it for larger events, food truck and catering.  Don't use it much now that I have a chamber sealer but it is more portable and more robust than the chamber sealer.   With a little gaming I've been able to seal a bag full of water (not frozen).  It and other models like it are probably the best bang for the buck for sealers.

Cabela's Strip Sealer.jpg

Now that I've have a chamber sealer (Vacmaster VP112) I would not be without one.  Many sizes and types of bags available.  Easy squeezy.  It's worth the price difference for me but maybe not for everyone.

2015-03-08 11.08.10.jpg

daveb

daveb

This will work.  I use it for small events and demos.  Have to game it a little for it to work well.  PIA to use.  Belongs to store.  They sell it.  Nough said.

This works Gooder.  Much gooder.  It's mine and I use it for larger events, food truck and catering.  Don't use it much now that I have a chamber sealer but it is more portable and more robust.  With a little gaming I've been able to seal a bag full of water (not frozen).  It and other models like it are probably the best bang for the buck for sealers.

Now that I've have a chamber sealer (Vacmaster VP112) I would not be without one.  Many sizes and types of bags available.  Easy squeezy.  It's worth the price difference for me but maybe not for everyone.

2015-03-08 11.08.10.jpg

daveb

daveb

This will work.  I use it for small events and demos.  Have to game it a little for it to work well.  PIA to use.  Belongs to store.

This works Gooder.  It's mine and I use it for larger events, food truck and catering.  Don't use it much now that I have a chamber sealer but it is more portable and more robust.  With a little gaming I've been able to seal a bag full of water (not frozen).  It and other models like it are probably the best bang for the buck for sealers.

Now that I've used a chamber sealer (Vacmaster VP112) I would not be without one.

2015-03-08 11.08.10.jpg

daveb

daveb

This will work.  Use it for small events and demos.  Belongs to store.

This works Gooder.  It's mine and I use it for larger events, food truck and catering.  Don't use it much now that I have a chamber sealer but it is more portable and probably more robust.