• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

A friend of mine braised chuck in a way that I have tried and it is quite good: 1 packet of powdered Ranch dressing, 1 packet of powdered Italian dressing and 1 packet of brown gravy sprinkled over the top, add 1/2 cup water and any vegetables you want or hold off on the vegetables until later if you don't want them cooked as long. Cover and braise for until tender.  We went to my nephew's for Super Bowl and he had that whisky. I took a sip. It wasn't bad. Check liquid level and add more if it starts to dry out, but it probably won't. 

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

A friend of mine braised chuck in a way that I have tried and it is quite good: 1 packet of powdered Ranch dressing, 1 packet of powdered Italian dressing and 1 packet of brown gravy sprinkled over the top, add 1/2 cup water and any vegetables you want or hold off on the vegetables until later if you don't want them cooked as long. Cover and braise for four to six hours.  We went to my nephew's for Super Bowl and he had that whisky. I took a sip. It wasn't bad.