• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

Added last paragraph

On 7/28/2023 at 9:59 PM, Smithy said:

So... if I take the special offer from your link, that'll give me access to EYB and this new site for a discount this first year? Do I have that right?

(To be fair, the subscription offer is in line with any magazine subscription, so I should stop kicking myself for not signing up for EYB when a Lifetime Membership was something like $100.)

It looks like it, yes.  I assume you are talking about the $40 gift offer?  Sorry to be so pokey in responding.  I should not have said "merged with".  @blue_dolphin's word "link" s correct.  As far as I know, they have not merged.

As an aside, I wanted to do something with ramen noodles the other day.  I just typed "ramen chicken" in the search bar and a recipe from Recipe Tin Eats popped up, which I made.  Sure was handier than going through cookbooks, blogs and Mr. Google.

ElsieD

ElsieD

On 7/28/2023 at 9:59 PM, Smithy said:

So... if I take the special offer from your link, that'll give me access to EYB and this new site for a discount this first year? Do I have that right?

(To be fair, the subscription offer is in line with any magazine subscription, so I should stop kicking myself for not signing up for EYB when a Lifetime Membership was something like $100.)

It looks like it, yes.  I assume you are talking about the $40 gift offer?  Sorry to be so pokey in responding.  I should not have said "merged with".  @blue_dolphin's word "link" s correct.