• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Just now, Porthos said:

Not quite sure about something.

I haven't entered very many books yet. One that I did enter was the Fannie Farmer Cookbook. I entered the ISBN code for my wife's copy and it brought up a different edition. I was looking to find a simple recipe for carrots. One choice was Fanniie Farmer's Baked Carrots. It listed carrots and thyme as the ingredients. When I pulled out the cookbook it had 8 ingredients. Not quite the simple carrot dish I was looking for.

How realiable have others here found the ingredients lists to be reliable?

Very reliable. But keep in mind that basic pantry items (salt, pepper, sugar, etc) are typically not included.

Also, they are very quick to make corrections if you report mistakes. Just send them an error report by email!

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Just now, Porthos said:

Not quite sure about something.

I haven't entered very many books yet. One that I did enter was the Fannie Farmer Cookbook. I entered the ISBN code for my wife's copy and it brought up a different edition. I was looking to find a simple recipe for carrots. One choice was Fanniie Farmer's Baked Carrots. It listed carrots and thyme as the ingredients. When I pulled out the cookbook it had 8 ingredients. Not quite the simple carrot dish I was looking for.

How realiable have others here found the ingredients lists to be reliable?

Very reliable. But keep in mind that basic pantry items (salt, pepper, sugar, etc) are typically not included.

Also, they are very quick to make corrections if you report mistakes. Just send them an error report by email!