• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

flavored chocolate vermicelli

JeanneCake

I'm in search of vermicelli in different flavors; I already use the white, milk, dark and coffee versions; I'd love to be able to find different colors/flavors.

I use this on mini pastries but mostly for the garnish on our cheesecake lollipops (after they're dipped in chocolate, I dip them in vermicelli, chopped nuts, chopped candy so they look better). I don't like the waxy taste that regular sprinkles (aka jimmies) give you with the lollipops (it completely overwhelms the cheesecake) and want to use something that compliments the lollipop.

I found a company in Vietnam that makes pink strawberry, green (mint, and tea) and mixed colors but I can't tell if they are chocolate or not; and can't find a source in the US or North America.

I'm doing a strawberry-champagne version for Valentine's Day and hoped to use pink vermicelli, but I'm going to use the strawberry curls from Albert Uster Imports. Would just like to have a variety of this to use for Easter....

Do you know of a source?