• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

wrong word

Lately, I've been following a fellow on Instagram who is cooking (Jello-ing?) his way through the the 1963 version of the book mentioned here, The Joys of Jello. 

Why?  I don't know. Not sure how long he'll keep at it but I find his little videos oddly amusing.  He begins each one with a jaunty, "Jello there!"

He's @otto_vs_jello on Instagram.  

Here's one he rather liked: Ginger Fruit Mold with Lemon Jell-O, Ginger Ale, Chopped Nuts, Pineapple Tidbits, Mandarin Oranges, Green Grapes, Candied Ginger.

Here's one he really didn't:  Plum Pudding with Cherry Jell-O, Salt, Cinnamon, Clove, Raisins, Prunes, Citron, Nuts, Post Grape-Nuts Cereal, Water.  Blech!

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Lately, I've been following a fellow on Instagram who is cooking (Jello-ing?) his way through the the 1963 version of the book mentioned here, The Joys of Jello. 

Why?  I don't know. Not sure how long he'll keep at it but I find his little videos oddly amusing.  He begins each one with a cherry, "Jello there!"

He's @otto_vs_jello on Instagram.  

Here's one he rather liked: Ginger Fruit Mold with Lemon Jell-O, Ginger Ale, Chopped Nuts, Pineapple Tidbits, Mandarin Oranges, Green Grapes, Candied Ginger.

Here's one he really didn't:  Plum Pudding with Cherry Jell-O, Salt, Cinnamon, Clove, Raisins, Prunes, Citron, Nuts, Post Grape-Nuts Cereal, Water.  Blech!