• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where to eat the night before the NY Marathon?

battleofthebulge

Hi all,

My crazy husband manages to run two marathons a year, and has got into NY again this year. We'll be landing from London on Friday, so will have a simple supper in the Village on Friday night. Saturday night I need to feed him lots of rice, but I don't want to go to any of the Mexican joints he knew when he lived on Sullivan Street about a decade ago.

We're staying in Midtown but can go most places a yellow cab will take us. Can you suggest anywhere that serves stodge but is also reasonably upscale? And does wine by the glass for me? :)

Sunday we then start the foodie Marathon in earnest before we fly back on Tuesday evening. Am wondering if four meals a day might be too much?

Thanks!

Sarah

Sarah