• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Pastrypastmidnight

Pastrypastmidnight

On 4/8/2018 at 6:55 PM, Tri2Cook said:

Ok, I'm not losing my mind... at least, if I am, this can no longer be presented as evidence. I did see a recipe that called for white chocolate, cream of coconut (the sweetened Coco Lopez type) and butter. It also contains curry powder, it's the Madras from Chocolates and Confections. I went through the book again because I kept thinking that's where I'd seen it and finally stumbled across it. I'd intended to make it minus the curry powder and see what I thought of the coconut flavor before trying to work some rum and lime into it. So now I guess I'll make a small batch along with a small batch of the buttercream and see which I like better.

Did you ever try this recipe from C&C? I hated it. But my grocery store didn’t have Coco Lopez brand, it only had Coco Real. I chucked it because I thought it was so gross. 

Sorry—off topic. 

Pastrypastmidnight

Pastrypastmidnight

On 4/8/2018 at 6:55 PM, Tri2Cook said:

Ok, I'm not losing my mind... at least, if I am, this can no longer be presented as evidence. I did see a recipe that called for white chocolate, cream of coconut (the sweetened Coco Lopez type) and butter. It also contains curry powder, it's the Madras from Chocolates and Confections. I went through the book again because I kept thinking that's where I'd seen it and finally stumbled across it. I'd intended to make it minus the curry powder and see what I thought of the coconut flavor before trying to work some rum and lime into it. So now I guess I'll make a small batch along with a small batch of the buttercream and see which I like better.

Did you ever try this? I hated it. But my grocery store didn’t have Coco Lopez brand, it only had Coco Real. I chucked it because I thought it was so gross. 

Sorry—off topic.