• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chili Garlic Pork Lo-Mein

Chef Bradley

Chili Garlic Pork Lo-Mein

Serves 8 as Main Dish.

Simple way to use up leftovers. I grabbed some pork loin from the night before and some cooked spagetti along with some great asian seasonings and BAM, dinner :)

Have your mise en place toghether BEFORE you begin as you'll have to work fast.

1 pound cooked spagetti noodles

12 oz. pork (any cut will work, I used pork tenderloin leftover from the previous night)

1 small white onion, minced

1 tablespoon ginger, minced

2 cloves garlic, minced

Oyster Sauce, to taste

Garlic Chili Sauce, to taste

Fish Sauce, to taste

• Soy Sauce, to taste
  • 2 cups corn starch slurry flavored with pork or beef broth
  • Handfull green onions or chives, chopped
  • 3 tablespoons sesame oil
  • 3 tablespoons canola oil

Heat your wok on high heat (I used my turkey fryer burner because I have electric burners and they can't give me enough BTUs!), add your sesame and canola oils and heat them to smoking.

You'll have to work fast now!

Toss in your onion, garlic and ginger, cook until translucent and arromatic.

Add you noodles, toss until heated lightly, careful not to allow the noodles to stick.

Add you flavorings, toss well.

Lower the heat slightly and then add your slurry, stirring constantly until well mixed and thickened. Simmer for about 5 minutes to cook out the starchyness of the cornstarch.

Serve in bowls and garnish with green onions or chives.

Keywords: Easy, Pork, Main Dish, Hot and Spicy

( RG1900 )