• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ling's peanut butter cookies

Ling

Ling's peanut butter cookies

I've combined elements of my former favourite peanut butter cookie recipe with parts of Karen Barnaby's recipe found in The Passionate Cook to come up with what I think are the best peanut butter cookies ever. These cookies are full of peanut-buttery goodness, yet tender. The extra egg and bit of additional AP flour adds structure to a cookie that I initially found too crumbly.

• 3/4 c unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 c granulated sugar
  • 1 c brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 c AP flour
  • 1/2 c cornstarch
  • 1 c homogenized peanut butter (i.e. not natural PB)

Sift dry ingredients together.

In another bowl, cream together butter with white sugar and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in two eggs, then beat in the peanut butter.

Stir in the dry ingredients by hand.

Cover and put in the fridge until firm, about 1/2 hour.

Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes on a Silpat-lined baking sheet. The cookies will still be quite soft.

Let the cookies firm up and cool before eating.

Keywords: Easy, Cookie, Dessert, American

( RG1586 )