• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Waring Panini Grill, Great Price on

fooey

I just noticed that the The Webestaurant Store has a good price on the "home size" Waring Panini Perfetto Grille. :wub:

It usually runs for $450 retail plus shipping and tax.

Get 'em while they last!

Fooey's Flickr Food Fotography

Brünnhilde, so help me, if you don't get out of the oven and empty the dishwasher, you won't be allowed anywhere near the table when we're flambeéing the Cherries Jubilee.

• 1 month later...

Today I discovered the easiest way to crank out panini for a crowd lacking a panini grill is with two reversible grill/griddles, and for the occasional panini maker like myself, they don't take up much space, and a couple of cast iron griddles are cheap.

My father passed away last week, and we had the funeral yesterday, after which our cousins sent over trays of cold cuts, cheese, some great rye bread, cole slaw, pickles, potato salad, pastry and such. We had more leftovers than we knew what to do with, but relatives were congregating at my mother's house today around lunchtime, and I knew my father had two of these griddles, slightly different sizes, but close enough. My father had been in the hospital for about a year, and my mother doesn't cook much, so I had to take them out to the garden and clean them up a bit first and reseason them.

Each griddle could hold four large panini. I only had the heat on the bottom grill, so the cheese would have enough time to melt, and so I could keep them going at a reasonable pace while I prepped more sandwiches. The second grill was used as the press on top of the sandwiches. As they came up, I cut them in threes, so everyone could try a few different types (roast beef with horseradish, mustard and cheese; pastrami with cheese and mustard; turkey with cheese and tomatoes; salami with balsamic vinegar, cheese and olives; turkey with cheese and tomatoes; roast beef with cheese and tomatoes--can you tell I was trying to get rid of a lot of cheese?). This fed eight adults and three kids a hot lunch with leftovers in no time.

Edited by David A. Goldfarb (log)