• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Acetate Box Suppliers?

Truffle Guy

I was at Godiva yesterday and noticed they had acetate boxes that were only 5/8" in depth and they worked well with bon bons (no turning over). I've ordered from The Revere Group and a few others but their acetate boxes are always over 1" in depth. Does anyone have a source that makes clear acetate boxes in dimensions of 5/8" deep and about 1.5" wide and then varying lengths. Thanks. Bill

I don't know, but I was checking out the goods at Theo in Seattle the other day and noticed that they had used a couple layers of bubble wrap under their enrobed caramels to push them up and fill the box. Looked deceptive and cheap when you realized that the candy only filled half the box. I'd say bubble wrap is NOT the way to go.