• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Good Eats - Entertainment dist

GordonCooks

I'll be looking for a lighter meal Saturday night after what will be an action packed Fri dinner and lunch on Sat. I was looking for lots of small plates and great wines by the glass or decent half bottle list. I love JK Wine bar but go often. How about The Harbord Room, Grace, Trevor Kitchen, Bar at Nota Bene, or Crush

Pref close to the New Hyatt but would travel a little - it's going to be a great evening to walk a little.

Edited by GordonCooks (log)

I'll be looking for a lighter meal Saturday night after what will be an action packed Fri dinner and lunch on Sat. I was looking for lots of small plates and great wines by the glass or decent half bottle list. I love JK Wine bar but go often. How about The Harbord Room, Grace, Trevor Kitchen, Bar at Nota Bene, or Crush

Pref close to the New Hyatt but would travel a little - it's going to be a great evening to walk a little.

Out of the places you mention, I like Harbord Room best. They have a great burger- haven't had a chance to try anything else yet. The tables are booked in advance, but it's quite possible you can snag a spot at the bar. The menu is quite limited.

I found the food at Grace somewhat boring. High prices when you considering the small portions and lack of innovation.

I haven't dined at Trevor, but a friend of mine said it's the best meal she's had in Toronto in the last year.

I find the food at Nota Bene ho-hum, although for a light meal, their lobster salad is quite good.

Since you mention you like small plates, you might also want to consider Foxley, Bite Me, Lee, Kultura and Nyood. Haven't been to Bite Me or Lee recently. If I had to choose between Kultura and Nyood, I'd choose Nyood. Lots of interesting cocktails at Nyood, too.

Edited by phoenikia (log)

Out of the places you mention, I like Harbord Room best. They have a great burger- haven't had a chance to try anything else yet. The tables are booked in advance, but it's quite possible you can snag a spot at the bar. The menu is quite limited.

I found the food at Grace somewhat boring. High prices when you considering the small portions and lack of innovation.

I haven't dined at Trevor, but a friend of mine said it's the best meal she's had in Toronto in the last year.

I find the food at Nota Bene ho-hum, although for a light meal, their lobster salad is quite good.

Since you mention you like small plates, you might also want to consider Foxley, Bite Me, Lee, Kultura and Nyood. Haven't been to Bite Me or Lee recently. If I had to choose between Kultura and Nyood, I'd choose Nyood. Lots of interesting cocktails at Nyood, too.

Thanks for the tips!

After a day of shopping and eating, a lighter meal will most likely be on the agenda. Trevor looked interesting and you've confirmed what someone else said about Nota Bene. I've been to Lee and always enjoyed it. Maybe Bite Me but their wine list is overpriced for what they offer.