• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

Changed butchered to cut

Thanks, all.  The farm describes it as coming from the top of the rump.  Maybe I'll get one of each.  Sure wish I could still bbq, especially over charcoal.  I'll definitely be SVing it, followed by a sear in my cast iron pan.  We're going to the farm tomorrow, so we'll see what they have.  They have both pork and beef, cut on site by the owners.  They don't advertise beef cheeks or pork cheeks so I plan on asking about those as well.  Their beef cattle are comprised of Blonde of Aquitaine and Limousin cattle in case anyone's interested. They are bred with a Limousin, apparently good-narured bull, also on site.  

ElsieD

ElsieD

Thanks, all.  The farm describes it as coming from the top of the rump.  Maybe I'll get one of each.  Sure wish I could still bbq, especially over charcoal.  I'll definitely be SVing it, followed by a sear in my cast iron pan.  We're going to the farm tomorrow, so we'll see what they have.  They have both pork and beef, butchered on site by the owners.  They don't advertise beef cheeks or pork cheeks so I plan on asking about those as well.  Their beef cattle are comprised of Blonde of Aquitaine and Limousin cattle in case anyone's interested. They are bred with a Limousin, apparently good-narured bull, also on site.