• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

54 minutes ago, Anna N said:

Here in Canada I tend to think of chicken balls in a neon orange or an unnaturally red coloured sickly sauce. But I know of at least two people who will order nothing else from a “Chinese” menu. 

Yes. That sounds exactly like what I thought was 'Chinese' sweet and sour until I arrived in China. One of the very many misconceptions that soon got bust.

liuzhou

liuzhou

48 minutes ago, Anna N said:

Here in Canada I tend to think of chicken balls in a neon orange or an unnaturally red coloured sickly sauce. But I know of at least two people who will order nothing else from a “Chinese” menu. 

Yes. That sounds exactly like what I thought of 'Chinese' sweet and sour until I arrived in China.