• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

fried chicken & barbecue

CtznCane

We just bought a place in Arlington, Ky and I took one of our cars back from Calif and to get some things done before moving in. Had a chance too to drive to Franklin, Tn to see relatives and go to Loveless.

I'm sure a lot has been said here before now about Loveless Cafe. I think that is where we use to go when I was a kid as well while on vacation. This time I got to take a cousin there for her birthday. What a great place. The fried chicken was simply the best. Nothing fancy about it other than perfectly cooked, just the right crispness. keeping it simple and doing it right. Great service, great side dishes, it is no wonder that on a Sunday that there is an hour or so wait to get in.

As to Prince Pit BBQ. This is a little place in Bardwell, close to where we are in the middle of nowhere. It is also a place featured and written about by Alton Brown in his book about the River Road. I've had a lot of BBQ and I do a fair amount myself but this is simply the best I've ever had, hands down. The Mutton is unbelievable. He's only open Wed thru Sat and the sign for hours says 8 A.M. - Sold out, and he sells out early every day. Being spoiled of having things so close living in the SF bay area, it is nice that when we get all moved in we won't have to go far for the best Q.

Charles a food and wine addict - "Just as magic can be black or white, so can addictions be good, bad or neither. As long as a habit enslaves it makes the grade, it need not be sinful as well." - Victor Mollo