• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Evolving a restaurant: Tips & Experiences

gfron1

Every idea for growth that passes through my mind is followed with quotes from Bourdain's chapter in Kitchen Confidential on owners and how they can really screw up a good thing. And I'm sure that I, like most who are running restaurants, have ideas constantly flying before them, each being "the next sure thing."

But how do you sort through it all? How do you make sure that you don't jump the shark? How do you stay true to the concept and quality that got you to this point? Any tips or experiences from those with...well, experience? Thanks.

Every idea for growth that passes through my mind is followed with quotes from Bourdain's chapter in Kitchen Confidential on owners and how they can really screw up a good thing.  And I'm sure that I, like most who are running restaurants, have ideas constantly flying before them, each being "the next sure thing." 

But how do you sort through it all?  How do you make sure that you don't jump the shark?  How do you stay true to the concept and quality that got you to this point?  Any tips or experiences from those with...well, experience?  Thanks.

Rob, I think all you have to do is stay true to what it is that has gotten you this far. You have a natural ability, I am continually impressed by what I see on here and on your blog. Just keep doing what you like the most, you've got the passion to see it through.

Veni Vidi Vino - I came, I saw, I drank.