• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What of the Upper East Side?

Vinotas

Why in the world would you expect a hip vibe on the UES?

That's not quite what I'm looking for, more for a reliable place with interesting food. As many posters here have mentioned, and the NY Times Preview showed, almost all the action is taking place downtown and even on the UWS. I think I saw maybe 2 openings on the UES. Granted, as FG pointed out, this is a HUGE area, but still, only 2 places seems like we're being somewhat under-served.

When my ex-wife and I wanted to just grab a bite of good food without breaking the bank and without going far, we found it difficult to think of places within a 10-block radius. That's what I find the most frustrating, though it does encourage cooking at home (and with the new kitchen, it's a fun treat too).

Cheers! :cool: