• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Orange County

So SoCal'ers... I'm heading back down this weekend but will be spending most of my time in the Irvine/Costa Mesa/Laguna Hills area. Marche Moderne? Is driving over the hill to Laguna's Sapphire a better bet (remember, I loved that place!) Anything special or out-of-the-ordinary?

I'll also be hitting Urasawa one night so I will have a great report, I'm sure, when I get back!

So SoCal'ers... I'm heading back down this weekend but will be spending most of my time in the Irvine/Costa Mesa/Laguna Hills area. Marche Moderne? Is driving over the hill to Laguna's Sapphire a better bet (remember, I loved that place!) Anything special or out-of-the-ordinary?

I'll also be hitting Urasawa one night so I will have a great report, I'm sure, when I get back!

Marche Moderne is definitely recommended. I haven't been in several months so I can't say how things have been going lately, but I would still imagine they're your best bet. Nothing ground-breaking, but I would venture to say a great meal, none the less.

I'm looking forward to reading (and seeing, hopefully!) about your visit to Urasawa!

Marche Moderne is definitely recommended. I haven't been in several months so I can't say how things have been going lately, but I would still imagine they're your best bet. Nothing ground-breaking, but I would venture to say a great meal, none the less.

I'm looking forward to reading (and seeing, hopefully!) about your visit to Urasawa!

Agreed. I am actually going to MM this weekend for dinner for my 30th birthday.

The new Charlie Palmer restaurant at Bloomingdales in South Coast Plaza opens this weekend as well, though scoring a res might be difficult.

"A man's got to believe in something...I believe I'll have another drink." -W.C. Fields

http://www.blancanewport.com/

BLANCA is very good

A RESTAURANT (same location as THE ARCHES on PCH)

Thank anyway -- already booked for Marche Moderne for Monday evening and Urasawa on Tuesday evening. I've been here three days and have run out of evenings with which to dine!

http://www.blancanewport.com/

BLANCA is very good

A RESTAURANT (same location as THE ARCHES on PCH)

Thank anyway -- already booked for Marche Moderne for Monday evening and Urasawa on Tuesday evening. I've been here three days and have run out of evenings with which to dine!

Wow, those are some awesome back to backs. Have a great meal at Marche Moderne, we were there Friday evening and it was spectacular.

"A man's got to believe in something...I believe I'll have another drink." -W.C. Fields