• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Gourmet aged balsamic vinegar: urgent need

ajgnet

lastly, it seems like i was a little too prepared for valentine's day this year. and by this i mean that i made some phone calls today and, obviously, everything is booked. so i'm gonna be cooking, and i'd really like some nice gourmet aged balsamic. does anyone have any recommendations of shops in paris that would sell this?

Ohhh, there used to be an Italian oil and vinegar shop over near Parmentier, and there's always Izrael or A l'Olivier in the 4th or what about Bon Marche.

I've got two Italian traiteurs near me in the 18th but not sure they sell "gourmet" level stuff.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

I Golosi, 6 rue de la Grange-Batelière near the Grands Boulevards (métro of the same name), has a wonderful aged balsamic vinegar. Also a remarkable agretto di vin santo which I bought last night.

The advantages of this place: few but great products, fair prices, and since it is a restaurant with a grocery section, you can go there until relatively late at night.