• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

14 minutes ago, heidih said:

@blue_dolphin   That is interesting.Did the Dijon and horseradish work together? I've never considered using both.

I think they can work well together if one is dominant and the other playing more of a supporting role.  In this case, the recipe called for 2 T of Dijon mustard and 3 T of freshly grated horseradish.  Next time I will likely dial back on the mustard so the horseradish can be more clearly in the lead. Edited to add that ratio is going to depend on the particular mustard and horseradish being used, too.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

10 minutes ago, heidih said:

@blue_dolphin   That is interesting.Did the Dijon and horseradish work together? I've never considered using both.

I think they can work well together if one is dominant and the other playing more of a supporting role.  In this case, the recipe called for 2 T of Dijon mustard and 3 T of freshly grated horseradish.  Next time I will likely dial back on the mustard so the horseradish can be more clearly in the lead.