• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Maze @ The London vs. The Bar Room @ The Modern

sput

Bringing a group to NYC in April...

Any thoughts as to Maze versus The Bar Room for sampling a wide variety of "small plates" ?

Especially curious as to who has dined at Maze recently... $90 for six courses sounds like pretty good value for NYC...

Adam

Chef - Food / Wine / Travel Consultant - Writer

I had dinner with 5 people at the Bar Room of the Modern recently and had a spectacular meal. Items like the tarte flambe, the duck confit, and the lamb dish are as good as they've ever been. I will volunteer that I used work in the kitchen there so I am biased. As far as atmosphere it's a pretty great NYC experience.

Bar Room at the Modern is significantly better overall (individual dishes at Maze are excellent but too many others are mediocre).

also consider the Monday Room...where six courses and five paired wines are $85...and it's probably better than either of the above.

Bar Room at the Modern is significantly better overall (individual dishes at Maze are excellent but too many others are mediocre).

also consider the Monday Room...where six courses and five paired wines are $85...and it's probably better than either of the above.

That is unless, on the off chance, that sput is planning for a dinner on Sunday night when both Maze and the MOMA Bar Room are open for dinner, but The Monday Room isn't.

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

ulteriorepicure.com

My flickr account

ulteriorepicure@gmail.com