• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chicken in Indian cooking

Suvir Saran

I created this recipe when I was pregnant. I had been craving a black pepper taste and chicken but I could not find anything that tasted right. Finally, after many trials, success!

What about black pepper did you crave in this dish?

The heat? Aroma?

How come black pepper?

Is that too much curiosity?

When you are pregnant and hungry you crave all sorts of things!! Not quite sure why, I think it was the smell though that I liked !

:laugh:

what do you like about the smell of black pepper?

How would you describe it? Does it change when it is added to this chicken recipe? Do you have any pictures of this dish that you may be able to share? It is in your book? If so, forget I asked you for a picture. The book would be even better... more tactile a way of enjoying your recipe and also the finished product.

Recipes to share with us all?

Nothing like homemade food....

I have been known myself to marinade upto two days.. and 4 days for lamb.... :wink:

As I love planning Indian meals ahead of time, 4 days marination for lamb is very interesting to me.

I don't dare going ad lib in Indian cookery. I cook mainly from Madhur Jaffrey, Julie Sahni. Your recipes on this wonderful forum are also well received, especially the Tandoori Roast Cornish Game Hens, Makhani Chicken and Malai Kabab, Rice with whole spices, Lentil Daal with Mustard Seeds and Curry Leaves.

BTW, hubby used to think it was a waste of time (and gas) to drive far out in the suburbs to get fresh curry leaves...until I made his favorite dish with the dried version :sad:

I am currently looking for a good Chicken Jalfrezi recipe. Anyone?

Olive