• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

paul o' vendange

paul o' vendange

My chef's knife is an E. Schaaf Goldhamster.  I don't remember named length but it's a large knife, 10" blade, 15.5" stem-to-stern.  I use it for almost everything, including fine minces.  I rarely use my paring knife - for some reason it's always felt weird in my hand, much more comfortable with the chef's knife.  I use my Mac utility knife more than the paring knife.  For turning I have a tourné knife.

paul o' vendange

paul o' vendange

My chef's knife is an E. Schaaf Goldhamster.  I don't remember named length but it's a large knife, 10" blade, 15.5" stem-to-stern.  I use it for almost everything, including fine minces.  I rarely use my paring knife - for some reason it's always felt weird in my hand, much more comfortable with the chef's knife.  I use my Mac utility knife more then the paring knife.  For turning I have a tourné knife.

paul o' vendange

paul o' vendange

My chef's knife is a E. Schaaf Goldhamster.  I don't remember named length but it's a large knife, 10" blade, 15.5" stem-to-stern.  I use it for almost everything, including fine minces.  I rarely use my paring knife - for some reason it's always felt weird in my hand, much more comfortable with the chef's knife.  I use my Mac utility knife more then the paring knife.  For turning I have a tourné knife.