• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Year's Eve

BryanZ

I'm a little bit skeptical of that listing. It just seems like some filler page they just populated with PDT information.

Looking to celebrate your New Years Eve at PDT (Please Don't Tell) in New York? Be sure to sign up to the 'Notify Me' service to be the first to know about early bird discount NYE tickets the second they go online. Sign up for the New Year's Notification service HERE! We'll send you an email and/or SMS notification the minute PDT (Please Don't Tell) New Years tickets are added to clubZone.com.

Even the language seems a bit, I don't know, generic.

i would love to host a foodie nye, but alas, i'm working. :(

definitely explore your options with a great meal. your friends are more the bud light kind and not 7 course tasting kind i presume?

PDT would be fun and i need to pick somewhere after i get off work, however, the thought of waiting to get into pdt on nye with no guarantee is off putting. then again i guess they take reservations right? for 6 or more?

then PDT should immediately send a demand to clubzone that they remove the listing.

it's the first thing that pops up when you google PDT and NYE

Me, Gino, Vito and the boyz is definately hittin up PDt for NYE! It's going to be sick, yo!

Dey got hypnotiq right?

�As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy, and to make plans.� - Ernest Hemingway, in �A Moveable Feast�

Brooklyn, NY, USA

What about it?  Seriously.  There's something dirty chic about doing NYE in Chinatown.  You mean like big banquet-style meal, or are there bars and things down there?

I think it's more the strip clubs and the sex clubs that appear there only on New Years Eve, which you can get into only if one of the restaurants gives you a ticket at midnight, and directions to it.

It's one of New York's best kept secrets.

Overheard at the Zabar’s prepared food counter in the 1970’s:

Woman (noticing a large bowl of cut fruit): “How much is the fruit salad?”

Counterman: “Three-ninety-eight a pound.”

Woman (incredulous, and loud): “THREE-NINETY EIGHT A POUND ????”

Counterman: “Who’s going to sit and cut fruit all day, lady… YOU?”

Newly updated: my online food photo extravaganza; cook-in/eat-out and photos from the 70's