• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A group dinner in Smyrna, GA

ewindels

A group of my colleagues will be in Smyrna, right near the base, for some research groups on Monday, Dec. 17, and I was wondering if locals could recommend someplace near by (they won't be done till 9PMish) where they could get good food in a relaxed, casual setting.

Thanks in advance.

Food, glorious food!

“Eat! Eat! May you be destroyed if you don’t eat! What sin have I committed that God should punish me with you! Eat! What will become of you if you don’t eat! Imp of darkness, may you sink 10 fathoms into the earth if you don’t eat! Eat!” (A. Kazin)

A group of my colleagues will be in Smyrna, right near the base, for some research groups on Monday, Dec. 17, and I was wondering if locals could recommend someplace near by (they won't be done till 9PMish) where they could get good food in a relaxed, casual setting.

Thanks in advance.

The Crab House is casual and has a Raw Bar. I have found that if you order the fish and chips and add on the raw bar it is the most cost effective pricing on the menu.

The location is about a half a mile from Dobbins on US 41. Zoom out on the google map to see the base.

http://dineview.com/search/show_menu.fwx?/...=38003-001&ord=

Veni Vidi Vino - I came, I saw, I drank.

Thanks in advance.

The Crab House is casual and has a Raw Bar. I have found that if you order the fish and chips and add on the raw bar it is the most cost effective pricing on the menu.

The location is about a half a mile from Dobbins on US 41. Zoom out on the google map to see the base.

http://dineview.com/search/show_menu.fwx?/...=38003-001&ord=

Farther south but just before I-285 on a plaza on the right is a Sushi bar named Umezono.

http://search.cityguide.aol.com/atlanta/re...ant/v-103504557

RAH, thanks so much for these, the Crab House looks like an option. Alternately, they're staying at the Marriot NW at 200 Interstate North Parkway in Marietta, if that broadens the scope of options or gives you more ideas. But thanks again.

Food, glorious food!

“Eat! Eat! May you be destroyed if you don’t eat! What sin have I committed that God should punish me with you! Eat! What will become of you if you don’t eat! Imp of darkness, may you sink 10 fathoms into the earth if you don’t eat! Eat!” (A. Kazin)

RAH, thanks so much for these, the Crab House looks like an option.  Alternately, they're staying at the Marriot NW at 200 Interstate North Parkway in Marietta, if that broadens the scope of options or gives you more ideas.  But thanks again.

Well truly, you cannot come to the south and not sample the local faire!

South City Kitchen Vinings

1675 Cumberland Pkwy, Suite 401

Smyrna GA, 30080

770-435-0700

www.southcityvinings.com

RAH, this looks terrific and perfect! Thanks so much. Now I just hope they get done in time to enjoy it.

Food, glorious food!

Definitely go to Tasty China. It is a Szechuan restaurant that rivals any Szechuan spot in North America. Stay away from the American menu and definitely get the Shan City Chicken. It is BYOB. Service can be spotty, but the place is awesome and has a cult following here in Atlanta. Here is a post with pictures from my blog: http://blissfulglutton.blogspot.com/2006/1...t-marietta.html