• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Number Nine Hamburger

annarborfoodie

Tammylc suggested that I post here to point out the Burger Helper thread over in Restaurant Life. If you don't want to read all 12 pages, just take a look at the last couple - I was the "reporter on the street" a couple of weeks ago and took photos. A guy named Magus has been working on a hamburger joint concept for the last couple of years with lots of help from eGullet members. He has a stand before the football games in Ann Arbor and is planning on opening a fixed location in an Airstream trailer in Ann Arbor. If you have a chance to stop by before the Minnesota or OSU games, it will be worth your effort, I promise! They are seriously the best burgers I've ever eaten.

• 1 month later...
They are seriously the best burgers I've ever eaten.

I really enjoyed the Big One that I had. Both my brother and myself did, noting later in the game that we were really glad that we took the time before the game to stop there.

That being said, while I thought it was really good, "best burger I've ever eaten" is something that I wouldn't bestow upon this very tasty burger. It's good, but it's not *that* good. In fact, Redcoat and Miller's both trump it, IMHO. Now, that's some pretty healthy company to be mentioned in the midst of, but while Rodney's food is good, it's not "best ever" material to me. "Best available around the Big House?" I can do that! "Best in Ann Arbor?" That could very well be! "Best I've ever eaten?" Sorry. Can't go down that road with you.

Again, though, thanks for recommending it to me! We really liked it!