• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ricotta pie

Dianabanana

Well I finally made something bad out of Baking with Julia, and it was Nick Malgieri's ricotta pie, which was dry, dry, dry. I don't understand how it could be so bad. I'm wondering if it was the ricotta I used--normally I probably would have used Polly-O, but I sent my husband to the store and he came back with Organic Valley.

Anyway, moving on to my point, I'm now on a mission to find a great ricotta pie recipe and would appreciate any suggestions.

Well I finally made something bad out of Baking with Julia, and it was Nick Malgieri's ricotta pie, which was dry, dry, dry. I don't understand how it could be so bad. I'm wondering if it was the ricotta I used--normally I probably would have used Polly-O, but I sent my husband to the store and he came back with Organic Valley.

Anyway, moving on to my point, I'm now on a mission to find a great ricotta pie recipe and would appreciate any suggestions.

This looks interesting. And the inclusion of some other wet ingredients may help offset the ricotta's tendency to be dry: http://world.std.com/~kcl/Rricottapie.html

This looks interesting. And the inclusion of some other wet ingredients may help offset the ricotta's tendency to be dry: http://world.std.com/~kcl/Rricottapie.html

I believe that's the recipe from Carol Field's The Italian Baker. I thought that looked good, too.