• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best Cannelés and other Bordeaux desserts

A restaurant which I make desserts for features a different region each month and they come up with a couple of traditional dishes from that region. This months region is Bordeaux and I was hoping to get some ideas for a dessert that would represent that area. Is there anything which is specifically Bordeaux? Any help would be great.

Thanks

• 4 months later...

On this epic thread there's a ton of great discussion about how to make cannelés at home. But when in Bordeaux, it would be folly to bake them yourself. I'm planning to find myself in Bordeaux before too much time passes, and I want to devote some time to cannelé sampling. Who gets your vote for baking the most fabulous cannelés?