• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mediterranean Cuisine on the Web

archestratus

I've scoured eGullet to make sure this is the proper place to put this announcement and that I'm following the etiquette, although granted this is self-promotion. If I'm wrong, my apologies.

Well I finally have re-launched my web site www.cliffordawright.com as the premier source for those who love Mediterranean food in all its rich regional variety. I've started this web site as a source for the authentic and traditional foods of the Mediterranean in their cultural and historical context illustrated with a thousand heirloom Mediterranean recipes that are fully-tested in my kitchen. This is the site for people for whom food is glorious and not fearsome, for people who watch their happiness before they watch their weight, for people who believe that behind every swallow is an insight into who they are. Here is your entry into the world of the most popular cuisines in the world, the world of all the culinary regions of the Mediterranean. You will find the culinary cultures of the Mediterranean offered with the same depth and balance of recipes and their histories as you would in a flavorful bouillabaisse. Cuisine does not spring from nowhere and it does not spring from restaurants. Cuisine is a cultural phenomenon that evolves from real people in kitchens cooking to provide food for their families guided by culture, history, agricultural, and need and wants. Here you will find REAL food. Come visit and tell me what you think!

Congratulations on your web site. It's a wonderful and flavorful cuisine and I look forward to exploring your site.

I'm hoping it's not too late for you to edit your post to make your website name an actual hot link to direct readers to your site.

Also, you're in very good company. eGullet member and author Paula Wolfert has also been a strong advocate of the mediterranean cuisine. Her website is http://www.paula-wolfert.com/

Again, thanks for posting the info!

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver