• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rick's Steaks Leaving RTM?

rlibkind

Pardon the late response. Missed it earlier.

RTM's "end" changed over time. The initial "end" was a Tony Luke franchise - the rationale being it would bring more cheesesteak lovers to the market. I doubt the majority of eaters heading to the market because of Tony Lukes would have walked out with shopping bags full of fresh food.

The market board rediscovered its mission when Rick's Steaks did not go quietly into the night. Only when RTM management received a ton of bad publicity and the board's true motives risked becoming a tad too transparent did they decide to move Fair Foods to the Rick's Steaks location.

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter

• 3 months later...

From Rick's Blog

We Are Back... and Better Than Ever!

Posted by RicksPhillySteaks ( June 01, 2009 , 3:03 AM )

After 7 long months, and a few setbacks, we are firing up the grill at the new Rick's Steaks-Downstairs at the Bellevue!

Come join us on Tuesday, June 9th, and sample items from our new expanded menu! Breakfast starts at 8 a.m. and includes Philly favorites like Pepper-n-Egg and Steak-n-Egg sandwiches. Our Lunch Menu features our new sandwich--The "Phila-BUSTER" and non alcoholic beer.

The entire "Rick's Steaks" crew is back, and we are looking forward to seeing all the old familiar faces, and getting to know our new neighbors here on Broad Street.

OUR GRAND OPENING CELEBRATION will be on Friday, June 19th, 2009, and everyone is invited! Come see our beautiful new store and enjoy live music from Philly's own "Rock Star" Ken Kweder. Our good friend Al Roker will be stopping by to cook up a few steaks, as will our favorite Governor, Ed Rendell. Come taste the sandwich made famous by my grandfather, Pat Olivieri, over 75 years ago. The Family Tradition lives on!

We hope to see you there!