• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pacific Grove Dining

davecap

My wife and I, and our three year old, will be travelling to San Francisco, for three days, and then to Pacific Grove for three days this August. We will be in Pacific Grove for three nights. We are coming out for vacation, and for the car shows, in Monterrey.

I do not know the geography that well out there.

Can anyone suggest places for dinners in and around Pacific Grove? We will be at Pebble Beach for most of one day, so somewhere in between would be great. We are open to fancy or simple and relaxed. IN S.F. we are going to Zuni Cafe and the Slanted Door.

Thanks for your help, and we can't wait to visit.

My brother and I had an excellent seafood dinner at a restaurant that I think was called Latitudes. It was on the ocean at Lover's Point. I recommend their calamari.

About 18 months ago our party had a fine meal at a restaurant called Fandango which, I think, is on the main drag in PG.

I would recommend Fandango for sure. Good grub (I had the Osso Buco), pretty good wine list, good service and great environment. It's not Manresa or TFL, but it's a solid place.