• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

any bars in vancouver with lots of craft beers?

flowbee

just got back from a few days in Toronto. went to this awesome bar/cafe called Volo, where they had about ten or so specialty local craft beers/micro brews on tap. great cheese to go with the beers too. the list of beers on tap changes every so often.

are there any similar places in Vancouver?

(i don't like any of the Granville Island Brewery beers, and i thought Steamworks was meh...too loud, crowded, touristy)

album of the moment: Kelley Polar - I Need You To Hold On While The Sky Is Falling - 2008

6 Acres in Gastown has pretty close to 80 bottled beers from around the globe. On tap, O'Doul's on Robson, has a nice selection of microbrews. I also put together 8 microbrews from BC on tap at the Waazubee cafe. There's alot of bars out there with 10 or more taps. Volo sounds like a great place. I'm always impressed with bars in Toronto and the pride they have in featuring their own regional products be it wine, cheese, or beer. I'll have to check it out in the future.

Cheers,

Stephen

Edited by SBonner (log)

"who needs a wine list when you can get pissed on dessert" Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares 2005

MY BLOG

Oh, and keep an eye out in late July/early August for Caskival. It's been held at Dix the last couple of times. I missed it last year, and I won't be back to North America this year, but it made for a great way to find out what the brewing boys are up to, and puts you in a fine fettle for the evening.

not really craft beers, but on the topic of choices/selection ... Stella's on Commercial has a great list of Belgian beers (at least 8-10) that changes every month. Great atmosphere!

Edited by MPEG (log)